Flight sims

Since the post regarding Real flight is getting so long and I did not wanted to change the subject, I just wanted to know if any of you have tried using the one from Mikrosnot. A few years ago I received the 2002 version and I have been "flying real time" (whatever blows up your skirt!) from one airport to another that I know very well. I was amazed how "accurate" the landscape was and the roads.

Reply to
Eye Indo

not really a comparison the Real Flight though ones a full sized sim the other is a model sim

Reply to
Mr Fixit

I'll second what Mr Fixit mentioned, Eye Indo, and say that there isn't anything wrong with regular flight simulators like Microsoft's series of software.

RealFlight, Aero Flight Professional Deluxe, MRC Reflex, and FMS are specifically designed for RC pilots to practice flying using an RC radio interface. We're more concerned about realistic flight model physics than landscape to assure we're getting realistic practice while flying the sim.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

You can actually use MS Flight Simulator fairly effectively. The physics are excellent, although the modeled aircraft tend to be 100% scale ;)

If you use a small 2 stick gamepad, and use the tower view for a fixed perspective I'm sure you could learn to fly. Ignore all the extraneous controls and just use the sticks. Flys great with a JR 8102 and adapter cable too.

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

I "fly" this sim with a "WingMan". Had to mod the left stick since it had a center return spring. Otherwise, kind of neat to do it. As I stated above, I was not looking for comparison, just wanted to know if anybody else has been toying with this proggie. I understand that the latest versions is pretty well similar.

Just like the other Sims ,mentioned, there are a lot of "other" planes one can download. I once tried to "fly in real time" from LAX to SLC. Got really boring !!! Did it, since I have flown that route many times. What WAS fun, was that the beacons were in the right place. I was pleasantly surprised.

Hej Ed, how are you doing with your "cheapest trainer in the world" ? Done any more mods yet ? I ripped off the original covering, a pain to do !! While the covering was off, I made some repairs on the fuse sides, and also a fuel peek window on both sides next to the fuel tank. Used thin plexi glass to make the "window" Hoping to be able to see "in flight" how much gas is left ....... I installed on of those flexi tanks that you can almost see through. I know...... crazy ...... but what ever ....

Reply to
Eye Indo