R/C Flight Sims for Linux?

Hello folks,

I have a software (Real Flight G3) on my PC for Windows. I installed Linux as 2nd OS on my PC. I am looking for R/C flight sim for Linux. Does anyone have any information about that?

Thanks! Tim

Reply to
Timothy Stark

I have not come acros any flight sim software for Linux. I was using Suse 10.2, but now I am using Debian Etch.

Unfortunately, with RF G3, you will more than likely going to have to continue to use Microsloth to run it. You could try to run it under Wine. Look here for wine info:

It might run under wine, it might not. I know that Suse recognized and correctly identified the G3 controller, but Debian Etch does not. I boot into Windows when I want to use RF G3.

Reply to
Vance Howard

There are none that I've ever seen. Some of the Windows flight sims run on Wine or Cedega (commercial "Wine for Games"). FMS runs on Wine, AFPD sorta does but definitely runs on Cedega. I've had to crack it to get it to run though - the original controller works but didn't recognize as dongle.

Jen

Reply to
Jennifer Smith

AFPD should do, as they have a section on the support site about it.

Gavih

Reply to
Gavin

Best bet is to install a Vmware virtual machine and stuff XP on it..but beware slower screen updates..

I've got this issue as well..I need Corel Draw and Realflight..to do modelling..neither have Linux alternatives.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

| I have a software (Real Flight G3) on my PC for Windows. I installed Linux | as 2nd OS on my PC. I am looking for R/C flight sim for Linux. Does anyone | have any information about that?

Older Windows flight simulators will probably work under Wine. I doubt RFG3 will work well under Wine, however -- and the copy protection might prevent it from working at all.

I'll bet FMS runs under Wine.

Native R/C simulators for Linux --

Slope Soaring Simulator --

--
I really like SSS.

General flight simulators (not R/C) for Linux --

Flight Gear --

--
--
All but X-Plane are free -- and compared to RFG3, X-Plane is next to free :)

Reply to
Doug McLaren