What is the Real Flight G3????

According to the Real Flight web page, they have a G3 version
coming out. What is up with it? Any advanced word?
Reply to
R. David Steele
it's what's called vaporware. They announce something that doesn't exist yet in an effort to keep you from moving over to the newer, better competitors product. (which would of course be Reflex XTR)
Reply to
Carl Farrington
How do you know it doesn't exist? Do you work for Great Planes?
Reply to
Frank Costa
I'm just very cynical.
Reply to
Carl Farrington
Supposedly G3 is going to be released in Nov, or before Xmas in any case. Great as Reflex may be, Realflight is a good product with good support, and I don't see them laying over and playing dead the minute some serious competetion shows up, so I am going to wait and see before I jump ship, otherwise I may regret it. It would be nice if Reflex had the option of coming with it's own controller, BTW, especially in the case of a newbie who wants to learn on a sim before purchasing the radio gear.
Reply to
Frank Costa
If it isn't available for sale, it is vaporware. It remains vaporware until the first one sells.
-- Paul McIntosh
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
I suppose that a new car, before being released, is a "Vapormodel" that doesn't exist until it hits the showroom floors. It's a new way to look at things I suppose. I might however, take Great Planes at their word that G3 actually is in the works, however. There is nothing wrong with advertising a product before it is available. Did the makers of Relfex not say a word about it's SIM before it was released? If so, that isn't smart marketing.
Reply to
Frank Costa
Reminescent of the second generation Raptor engines.................
Reply to
Bill Fulmer
OUCH ;^)
-- Paul McIntosh
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Agree with you to a point - and that point is, RealFlight aren't saying anything except 'information coming soon'. In my opinion until they can give some idea of what's new it is just vapourware.
When I read computer games magazines they contain reviews and previews. Typically, the previews take a further year to be released. Great Planes may be quicker but if they are not in a position to give any information at all now I very much doubt they will be in a position to release be Christmas (04 that is). I would suspect Summer 05 at the earliest!
Cheers,
Nigel
Reply to
Nigel Heather
I heard it was due on the shelves in time for Xmas.
Considerably upgraded, but probably needs a faster PC than mine to run at all.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Ive seen a list of its features on the net. But could not find them on RealFlights web site, so I am unsure as to where they were gleaned.
I think not. G2 has been out a long time, and they won't have been twiddling their thumbs.
From what I read they have a more advanced physics engine in there, so that the flights will be more realistic, much bigger 3D scenery, and they have improved the model appearance so that the onscreen view follows changes made to the model parameters.
If the upgrade is cheap enough, I'll probably get it.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Its' called a "teaser". GP will hype the "new" G3 until modelers are foaming at the mouth to have one. When they finally release it, watch for a giant burst of buying power from the R/C community. G3 may, or MAY NOT, be all GP claims, but modelers won't care, they'll just have to have it!
As for relaease date, I'd bet on late November, to take advantage of Christmas. Summer, when everyone's flying for real, is not a time to release a new sim.
Just because they are not giving out information doesn't mean they don't have it.
Dr.1 Driver "There's a Hun in the sun!"
Reply to
Dr1Driver
Bingo! :D
Reply to
Carl Farrington
Sure, why not? I won't lose anything but a few months, and if Great Planes does not deliver a great product in due time, it's their ultimate loss, and I'll be a new Reflex customer. This isn't version 1, it's version 3 we're talking about, they have a track record here, that's why I'm willing to wait and give them the benefit of the doubt. In the meantime G2 is no slouch.
Reply to
Frank Costa
Yea, they may push it out as quickly as possible and then take care of the beta testing that way! I firmly believe that Microsoft does that.
-- Paul McIntosh
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Yes extremely large very successful companies do everything wrong, and they are evil to boot.
Reply to
Frank Costa
Well, I hope at least they fix the landing parameters. You cannot bring in these simulator planes for a "greased-in" landing- if you don't stall them right before touchdown, they bounce all over the place.
If I set the landing realism slider bar for "easy" as opposed to "more realistic", it's a bit better but still not the way it should be.
Are you listening GP?
m-m
Reply to
M-M
Tower has all the new features advertised.
"Available late October"
$219.99
Reply to
Tom Watson