Using linux and profibus?

Hi,

i'd like to buid a simple flight control system with standard industry hardware. Therefore i'm looking for a solution for a standard board (x86) and a (bus) system to control several devices (such as motors, rpm - sensors, temp, ...).

My idea was to use an embedded linux OS runingh on the x86 board and a profibus system. Does anyone have some experience with this configuration? I'm looking for

- the OS kernel to choose (recommendations?)

- drivers for profibus cards

Many thanks

Stefan

Reply to