Real Flight V1

I just sold this to a friend and something has to be copy protected. Any idea on how to get it run on his computer? .He has the original disk and controller. He says it wouldn't accept the 'name' I gave it and I forgot what it was. I still have the program on my HD so I know it's in the register, but don't know where to look.

Thanks Bob

Reply to
Bob

I won't guarantee that this suggestion will work, but it might.

Download a freeware program named "Belarc" (no quotes) and run it on your computer. It will generate a page of all the things on your computer and their passwords. It worked for me.

I wouldn't make this suggestion if V.1 was being offered for sale currently.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I believe you'll get a better answer at this forum:

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

Something fishy here. If he has the original disk (so nothing shoul

have been copied onto the disk) and the controller, then his compute should have treated as a brand new installation

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

Agreed. I smell a rat... Unless, of course, there's the outside chance that the new owner is trying to update the software from Real Flight's web site. All he has to do is simply register the software in his name and set up a new account.

TomC

Reply to
Crabs

And WHAT exactly is this guy going to learn from FMS's website?

Dumbass.

Reply to
Crabs

If your buddy is using windows xp, then good luck trying to get versio

1 to run. It needs phat32 file compression. He'll have to make partition on his hard drive with phat32 compression and install th program there. I gave up messing with it and just use FMS intsead

-- Mike Tull

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mike Tully's Profile:

this thread:

Mike Tully

Maybe AjiNoMoto is trying to tell him that FMS is better ??

Some guy gave me version 1 a long time ago. Played with it ( "winterfly" with MS FlightSim in real time over areas I have lived in) then installed it on a machine of my nephew (old type of machine). Works like a charm and the nephew is happy. Can fly with me now on buddy cord (he is 8 years old)

-- indoruwe

----------------------------------------------------------------------- indoruwet's Profile:

this thread:

indoruwet

Crabs:

The people at FMS are highly intelligent unlike yourself who is extremely stupid. The FMS folks deal with all types of software issues especially ones concerning Real Flight. Also they aren't a bunch of busy bodies concerned about if the guy is copying or pirating software. Incidentally, the latest version of FMS is a damn fine flight simulator and free. But I know that clowns like you want to spend $200 for software that spoon feeds you regarding installation and set up - likely the flying too!

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto