RMS'ers occupations

We did the thing about our ages awhile back, just curious about occupations. What is it we all do for a living. I know a couple are current active military, a few are retired. Is retired what happens after you get tired, then rest awhile, then go at it again? "I was right tired from workin', then I took a nap, then I worked some more, now I'm retired" ; )~ I am normally a KGB operative, but since the fall of the USSR work's been pretty slow, and rubles being what they are.... So, I was a truck driver for awhile, now I'm working as a welder to make ends meet, back in school to get a teaching degree, and working on a commercial pilot's license.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Free-lance writer, retired attorney, opinionated liberal (oh, sorry, you weren't asking about medcial conditions).

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Have had a computer database / web design business for the last 12 years or so. Have written some computer applications that have been fairly successful. In my mid-fifties so I am not actively pursuing new clients. Work from home, three feet from my model desk, so I get a lot of modeling done. Maintain our club website:

Try not too spend too much time on model related websites. :-)

Reply to
Wildcat

Been in the US Army for the last 17 years.

Rob Gronovius Modern US armor at

Rob Gronovius

i'm the reincarnated ghost of zebulon carter. currently building a null zone generator for dog noise abatement. you can't here them if they are in another galaxy.

Reply to
uff

Retired Captain of starship Enterforaprize.As of stardate 711.1776 living in the Betazed nudist retirement community.Live long and prosper.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

occupations.

I repaired stereo equipment for 20 years, went back to school and got a degree in electronics. For the last 7 years I've worked on PBXs (big phone systems).

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

I'm my son's father. Oops, sorry. Dr.Laura slipped by. :-)

Seriously, though, Justin, as some of you here know, is seriously disabled and requires 24/7 care. He spends five hours per day onday through Thursday in a day program, other than that I'm it. I draw a pittance from the state (which the governator tried to do away with) and Lynne is a special education teacher. Along with Justin's disability we get along.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

in article X0KXc.107$wk1.61@trndny07, Doug Wagner at snipped-for-privacy@mungedverizon.net wrote on 8/27/04 12:17 PM:

I'm a retired (twice) archeologist. Still do a little contract photography of artifacts. It's hard to quit altogether. Still building fewer models than I acquire...

Milton Bell

Reply to
Milton Bell

would you know that why i get a ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff sound when i switch on my subwoofer and speakers? i thought it was the power switch, but not, not all the time just sometimes. can be listening normally then is suddenly kicks in load and scares the shit out of me, too old to return. ta

Static feedback?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

waiter! i'll have what the gentlman on the floor is having.

Reply to
uff

do you still work on stereo stuff?

Reply to
uff
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Retired surveyor (after 32 years), former Marine, militant Libertarian...... -- John The history of things that didn't happen has never been written. . - - - Henry Kissinger

Reply to
The Old Timer

Deputy Clerk with the US Court of Appeals in San Francisco - 12 years

Reply to
who me?

Royal Navy Sea King ASW observer, been doing it nearly 15 years now - and still haven't built a model helo ;-)

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

Fortunately, I missed (or ignored) that thread.

Bankruptcy lawyer. Thinking about returning to school (At *my* age? Am I *nuts*?) to get certified to teach high school chemistry, which I've done. Used to be a chemical research technician way back when BFGoodrich paid my way through law school and then didn't want a lawyer ...

-- C.R. Krieger (Sig broke)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Air traffic controller for, coming up on 23 years. Been at PHL since '87 and a team supervisor since '91. Eligible for early retirement since last March :-)

John

Reply to
John F. Kelley

Retired - thanks to Boeing's "encouragement". (Systems Analyst).

Jack G. Everett WA.

Reply to
Jack G

Federal bureaucrat for close to 28 years, 53 years old.

Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf