RMS'ers occupations

Reply to
Rory Manton

I teach Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Remedial Math to mostly seventh grade and a few eighth graders. I have a captive audience for crappy jokes and I get paid to be mean to cheerleaders!

Reply to
Jim Atkins

I have been teaching for almost 27 years. Mostly 4th & 5th graders. Wife has been teaching going on 35 years in Special Ed. I don't knoe how she does it. That and Special Olympics, Masons, & DeMolay, I don'thave too much hobby time. ~Rick Ewing~ Elk Grove, CA

Reply to
REwing

Is your "phaser" still on stun?

Reply to
who me?

damn popular kids!

Reply to
uff

i set mine on deep fry for the tweakerz in my 'hood.

Reply to
uff

No but my tricorder can detect any nookie in a 3 parsec area!

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

A&P, IA, private pilot, chief inspector at Glendale Aviation, crew chief on TBM-3, B-25J, DC-3, Maintance Office for the AVG Wing of the CAF

Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

Julian, I've got an almost 20 year NAD 3020 amp that is notorious for making the sound you describe. Every five years or so it starts to make that sound when powered on. I pop a new switch in and it's good to go for a while. The switch's contacts start arcing after a while making an hellacious sound come through the speakers. There's no protection relay in the 3020 to keep obnoxious sounds muted during power-up. In short, (too late) I think you've figured your problem out already!

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

Not any more. I work on my own stuff now and then, but it's gotten to the point where audio/video electronics have gotten so cheap that I'll replace rather than repair something with a major problem. CD players and VCRs sell for less than my average repair bill would have been.

Doug Wagner

Reply to
Doug Wagner

Retired from the US Army since 1987 and loving every minute of it. No boss other than SWMBO.... ;)

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Manufacturing engineer for a unit of Bechtel that does not manufacture anything. Although we don't have a no-bid contract with the Navy/DOE, we might as well have. Cost Plus Incentive Fee prime contracting has all the benefits with none of the grief.

(Thank goodness for Halliburton. Although our Iraq contracts were something like six or eight times larger, they take 100 times the heat.)

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

I own & operate the local airport Fixed Base Operation (gas station for aircraft) & also do aircraft maintenance. When things are slow, I work on models while at work. Like some others in RMS, I don't get as many built as I get to buy. I've worked at the same airport in some capacity somewhere here for coming up on 27 years.

Reply to
frank may

Programmer. I molest data for a living. Damn good at it, too.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Retired house painter. (before you laugh, I'm only 43 ! :)

Actually when I need some extra $$$, I still go out and work, but on the whole, I just kick back...............................

Aint life grand ?

Reply to
AM

Middle school music teacher for 35 years. Retired as of this September. Still conduct a student/community orchestra and an adult church choir. Just spent the day doing a six-hour solo sail in my 28 foot Pearson on Buzzards Bay. Does that count as an occupation? Pip Moss I used to feel cheap 'cause I had no signature.

Reply to
Pip Moss

Design large scale computer architectures for those spooky three lettered agencies. aka the guy they'll call to figure out how to wire together the new "intelligence Community" when the create a new org chart and need to make IP infrastructures that were designed to keep thing separate the last 20 years now share things.....

Reply to
Allen Epps

After 18 years in computer operations, was downsized out. Now I'm a print production scheduler for the world's largest foam container producer. Next time you get coffee from McD's, that would be my cup you're drinking from. Jack "the 109 nut"

Reply to
Jack1865

I'd find it hard to quit that myself. I find that a fascinating field.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hey, we have a Dart plant down the road from here!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller