Revell 1/72 u-boat decking

Hello all

Anyone tell me if it's possible to get replacement decking in the UK for the U-boat? And indeed any other aftermarket bits available - I'm aware of the WEM photo-etch kits and the Hecker & Goros (?) crew figures.

Thanks!

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

Graham,

there was a wooden deck set reviewed on modelwarships.com a few weeks ago, look at

"Nautilus Models 1/72 Wood deck replacement for Revell Type VII U-boat"

but don't forget to finish that Snowberry first ;-)

Erik Wauters, Belgium

"Graham Townsend" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@ripnet-uk.com...

Reply to
Erik Wauters

Thanks Erik, that's just the job! Campanula is coming along slowly, I'm painting her hull at the moment. And adding rivets to it as well - which is fun!

I can feel a 1/72 collection coming on - the corvette and U-boat, maybe an S-boat and MTB as well? Then of course I'll need to get a display case too :-)

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

I reviewed the Nautilus deck for the SubCommittee Report (actually, our U-boat expert reviewed it) , and have photos of same. If interested, contact me and I can send the photos of the deck. Tom Dougherty ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com)

Reply to
Ives100

I'd appreciate the photos and also any recommendations (or otherwise!) Thanks a lot!

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

Is that really what a Type VII wooden deck was patterened like? All of the photos I've seen show simple slatted decking, not a wooden copy of the steel deck plates as this lasercut kit protrays...I'm VERY sceptical at this point.

I'm planning to steer clear of this one, unless someone can point me to some documentation.

Reply to
Rufus

Early boots had the pattern represented by the kit and the PE parts. Late war boats had a simpler patter of slats.

SB

"The time has come, The Walrus said, To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing wax Of cabbages and kings And why the sea is boiling hot And whether pigs have wings."

My kill file;

ProMedeller

Reply to
SteveB

Having done some research I think I'll probably go for the Modelbrass.com set

and also the WEM PE sets. I appreciate there will be a few duplicated parts but overall this seems like the best available. Unless anyone knows better, open to suggestions naturally!

Can the Modelbrass set be bought anywhere in the UK or am I going to have to get it from the States? Anyone here used that set?

Regards

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend