Correct use of Klear polish

I'm now close to finishing the painting of my corvette hull, and need to pick the collective brains please!

Since the hull has to be painted whilst there is still a lot of work to do on the rest of the ship, she will have to be handled quite a bit - hence the finish on the hull needs protecting. Many questions!

Is it best to airbrush on the Klear? if so should it be thinned and how should I clean the brush after? How many coats?

When and how should the decals be applied? I'm assuming they are the waterslide type I remember from my youth, and I know that in theory I can use Klear to avoid any silver outlines, but how do I actually do this?

Once the decals are on should I add another coat of Klear over the entire hull, decals included, to seal everything?

What is the best product (preferably available in the UK) for dulling down the surface afterwards? I plan to apply this when all construction is complete - the idea being that any finger marks etc picked up during the build could just be wiped off the Klear coat; is that reasonable?

Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance for any tips!

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

"Graham Townsend" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@ripnet-uk.com...

The complete Future story:

Klaas

Reply to
Klaas

Thanks a lot Klaas, that seems to pretty much cover everything! One for the bookmarks.

Regards

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

"Graham Townsend" schreef in bericht >

You're welcom.

Greetings from the Netherlands Klaas

Reply to
Klaas

Think I get what you mean there ;-) Must try harder to think of some OT threads to get started!

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend