1/72 oil drums

Any one know where I can buy some in the UK please?

Thanks.

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

A cheap source of these would be the re-issued Merit oil drums. They're made for model railways and are probably 1/76th scale but I doubt that the difference would show. Try local model shops, department stores with large toy departments or mail order from model railway firms.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Try

Type "oil drums" into the keyword search box. This should give you four options.

The Langley ones can be seen at

Type "F103" into the search box.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Thanks very much for all the answers - Enzo, that was exactly what I was looking for! The other sets were good but I'm looking for drums to put on the deck of my corvette, and so a tent, tank traps and so on would have been a bit over the top... ;-)

BTW Merry Christmas all

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

Glad to be of help. There are an awful lot of model railway accessories that can be useful to military modellers.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

as the other guy said Hasegawa, im not sure if the Italeri (old esci set) of battle field acc has them or something simular.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Oh yes. Went to John Dutfields in Chelmsford on Saturday and picked up a security fencing kit which will do nicely for an airfield diorama. The range of modern street furniture stuff was amazing - bins, portaloos, benches, oil drums, ballast sacks, the list is endless.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

Nick-

Not to stray too far off the subject, but I build 1/43 race cars. I'd love to add everyday objects such as you mentioned to a diorama I'm building. Are any of these items available in 1/48 scale, and is there a 'Net contact for John Dutfields in Chelmsford?

TIA, Rick

Reply to
Group44Registry

There should still be model railway stuff available. O Gauge is pretty near to 1/48.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

As far as I remember, 1/43rd scale is the same as model railway O Gauge (7mm to the foot). You might find that there is a wide range of things that are made for lineside use that would come in handy for your race track.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Thanks for all the replies. Got some from Milicast in the end

Exactly what I was after, cheap, and delivered the day after I ordered by phone. Overall a very good service and I'd thoroughly recommend the company!

Happy New Year to all Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend