Can anyone tell me the correct colours to use for the WW2 German 'spotted' camo uniform? I have a Dragon tank crew and the paint call-outs list Gunze Sangyo and Italeri colour numbers, whiuch I have been unable to find a conversion for, despite many frustrating hours googling. Ideally I'd like to know which Xtracrylix colours I need to use.

Thanks!

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

Just match what you see in Ron Volstad's artwork. Remember, when painting figures (actually, in a *any* genre of modeling), one must often resort to mixing one's own colors. Don't waste your time trying to find an "official" numerical code match, as that is "anal", as well as meaningless; due to all the variables in the real world.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I highly recommend the German camouflage volumes in the Europa Militaria series for clear color re-enactment photos of the pea dot and other SS, Heer, and Luftwaffe camo clothing. All are original issue with some repros and mystery items displayed for comparison and discussion.

#6 Waffen SS in Color - Steven and Amodio #17 Wehrmacht Camoufalge Uniforms... - Peterson, Daniel #18 Wehrmacht Camouflage Uniforms... - Peterson, Daniel

WmB

WmB

.....^ of the specimens

WmB

Reply to
WmB

I "second" the recommendation. These may be the all-around best references (besides those from the "drain your bank account" category of books).

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Thanks for the replies - 'by eye' it will be then!

Graham 'Rip' Townsend

Graham Townsend

Have a look at this site.. Ha some nice photo's to be a guide for painting

"Graham Townsend" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMtownsends.eclipse.co.uk...

Reply to
ANDRE S.