On Mark B-26K Counter-Invader test colors Q

Were the colors used on various early B-26Ks FS # colors or what? For the 2 tone green & gray one all I've ever seen is "dark green" or "emerald green" over "gray". Depending on the lighting in color pics it looks anywhere from turqouise to OD over gray to white. There is also at least one that's mentioned as being "blue-gray" overall, but sometimes I see the same photo calling it "light gray" over all. Don't recall seeing a color photo of it, only b & w. Anyone know what's what?

Reply to
frank may

The early On Mark conversion with the light bottom and green topsides? The Warbird Tech book has sufficient verbage and a few color photos on the type but little mention of color documentation. Klaus says it's 14062 which is close to British racing green and 16492 which is close to 16440 light gull gray. Scalewise I think it would look better with 14090 which is more emerald but that's just my opinion.

The service K's were done in the SEA scheme of 30219 tan, 34079 green, 34102 green, and 36622 gray. In service the gray was replaced with black. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

I am lucky enough to have a Paragon convertion set for the Airfix kit in

1/72 but I would like to detail the interior better than Airfix have, can anyone point me to a good reference sorce for the interier of this version of the aircraft?

Thanks in advance

Alastair Macfarlane

Reply to
Gondor

Thanks. How about anything on the blue-gray overall scheme?

Reply to
frank may

All I've found was a mention of the scheme; no color refs. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper