B-24s Painting Question

Got a problem. I am building a B-24D and a B-24J. Two of my sources indicate that the wheel wells should be painted either green zinc chromate or the underside color (neutral gray). Which is more likely accurate.

Also, should the landing gear be neutral gray? TIA

Ed

Reply to
robbelothe

Bruce Apple

What! Panel lines not visible?? Heresy!

Bill Shuey :-)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Statements like that can get a man hung in these parts (or intensely flamed!)

Next thing you'll be saying that they weren't pre-shaded either.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

But...without wanting to start a "flame war"...

...of course, most panel lines would be invisible in such scales/distances...but the "effects" of such panel lines are still visible (light falling upon the surface imperfection(s) and being affected, staining/dirt/leakage, etc.). I think it is really

*these* things which we usually see and interpret as "panel lines".

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Greg Heilers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthNOSPAMlink.net:

Yes but in the vast majority of images I've seen and aircraft and armor in person the appearance is usually pretty uniform aside from color variations for camo or markings. While much of what I see (models in magazines and at contests) qualifies as interpetive art and clearly takes talent to do I feel a much more restrained effect is more pleasing to my eye and more accurate.

Frank

Reply to
Mustapha, P

IIRC, when I was first starting out, someone gave me some advice about shading/shadowing/highlighting/weathering: QUOTE When you think just one more pass will make it perfect, you've already done one pass too many. UNQUOTE

ED

Reply to
robbelothe