NC-123K/AC-123K camo scheme?

I'm finishing my Mach 2 kit & they don't provide any painting info for the NC?AC version. I've Googled with not much except side views & not much else in the SS "In Action" book either. Anyone know where I can find the camo scheme, espcially on the upper surfaces? Thanks.

Reply to
frank

The one picture I saw of this plane used the standard SEA camo pattern. I hope that helps some.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Williams

The Squadron Signal Book "GUNSHIPS: A Pictorial History of Spooky" by Larry Davis has three pages on the AC/NC-123 Black Spot aircraft. To me, the camouflage looks much darker than the standard medium green/dark green/tan over gray scheme. At least on the upper surfaces. Since they flew at night, maybe the dark green was replaced with black?

HTH

Ed R.

Reply to
robbelothe

The few times I saw one of these was in the SEA scheme...

Reply to
DJ

The "Gunships" book doesn't show the tops of the wings & tail either. I still haven't found a ref to the colors. I know it's got gunship gray on it, but I'm not sure of the other colors. I haven't seen a color photo yet & no NC/ACs in stock SEA camo as well.

Reply to
frank

Back in 2000 there were some r.m.s. threads on the same subject. Copied from a posting:

I found two pictures of Black Spot NC-123K 54-0691 in MASDC/AMARC books. First one is shown in 'Desert Boneyard' by Philip Chinnery, a 1 1/2 page color picture. Very interesting colors: a mid green, a pale green, and coal black (right side view). The camo does not appear to be a complete wrap-around; I see a light grey underside at least forward of the props.

The second one is in 'MASDC' by Peter Blanchard, Philip Chinnery and Martyn Swann. It's a small b&w picture showing the left side. Again I see a light grey belly. This books lists two Black Spots: 54-0691 and

54-0698.

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site: