Mig 1.44

I am building the Zvezda kit of this aircraft and need to know the colours of the undercarriage bays and doors. Anyone know?

Reply to
gcds

you might want to get the correct a/c type designation number .russian a/c always skiped a # .....mig 15/17/19/21/etc.you get the idea ..anyway its a special grey/ lt. blue color on the early migs/yaks/etc

Reply to
RLGIRSCH

Don't know if that aircraft ever *got* a designation like that... I see it referred to as the "MiG-39" but I'm not sure it's all that official. Definately *not* an "early MiG" by any stretch!

Site with a pic of the gear: (smallish)
They appear to be greyish instead of light blue in those pics.

Reply to
EGMcCann

Usually it gets an "official" designation once it goes to production status. Instead this one is still an experimental plane (without radar and weapons) and many think it will remain a "one off". So for now it's either MiG-1.44 or "MFI".

I have Yefim Gordon's book at home, so I'll check for wheel wells colors, but from memory it should be a blueish gray.

Btw. What about the kit? Can you post a short review?

Reply to
Yuri

Well, I checked on that book but I couldn't find really closeup photos of the wheel wells. From what can be seen it seems a dark gray, but the doors almost hide the wells so it's not easy to tell (and the shadow probably "darkens" the color a lot).

I think it should be close to the underside blue/gray color, as usually (since the MiG-23) the wells are painted more or less in the same color as the underside (maybe a little darker).

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Yuri

Thanks for the information. By the way the kit instructions for the undercarriage colour is dark green!

Reply to
gcds

In article , gcds writes

IIRC some Soviet-era jets had the wheel hubs painted dark green, but not the rest of the U/C.

Regards,

Reply to
Moramarth

Yes, I remember the Mig-29s visiting the Harrisburg Airshow. The wheel hubs were very close to Humbrol's Grass Green from the Scenery Set. I couldn't tell you from memory what the inside of the wells were and I'll bet my pictures wouldn't help either. :|

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak