Russian Spitfires -> Questions

Hi all,

I'm finishing my 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vb in Russian markings ("White 65", Aeromaster decals) and got some "beginner's" questions:

1) Should wheel wells, inner surfaces of w.w. doors and gear struts be painted in tha same Azure Blue as the wings undersurfaces? I got some information saying that when undersurfaces of the wings were repainted, wheel wells, doors and gear struts were kept with the same original color (Medium Sea Gray?), but it doesn't sound very accurate to me. Also, another source says that wheel wells were painted the same "RAF interior green" (Pale Green) used the cockpit. Any lights on that??

2) Should the original senciling be used? I mean, was the stenciling of the Russian Spits "translated" to Cyrillic, kept in English or eliminated?

Tks in advance.

Vicente São Paulo, Brasil

Reply to
Vicente Vazquez

Suggest you try =

Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

A.T.