Re: Crap inside my vacuformed's canopy

Mike:
In the vernacular I think you are stuffed. Whats probably happened is that the static charge on the canopy has attracted the dust. Unless you can suck
the stuff out with a micro vaccuum attachment like they use for computers (and hey, would I stick an electrolux up my 50 hour masterpiece - no way!) or are prepared to send a luke warm weak water / detergent mix in it to swill it out (same response here) its one for experience.
By the way, my wife was looking over my shoulder and wondered if I was in the kinky newsgroups, and if anyone really would crap in your vacuformed canopy. Reminds me of the old joke about the grandfather and the $20 hooker . . . .
Ciao

kinky newsgroups, and if anyone really would crap in your vacuformed canopy. Reminds me of the old joke about the grandfather and the $20 hooker>>
Mine does the same thing, so I keep that window minimized and switch back and forth. Anyway....you're going to have to explain the grandfather and hooker thing
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. --Leonardo Da Vinci It's better to teach a child what you know than what you think.

Any chance you could get a can of "Dust Off" and use the thin straw to carefully direct a soft blast of air in there to blow the stuff out?
Just my $0.02 worth...
Jay Beckman Chandler, AZ
No way to get to it. The only opening is for the turret and there's a bulkhead at the rear of the cockpit. I've tried warm soapy water with no effect....leading me to post this question. I suppose I'll have some surgery to do...............Mike T
Along the same track as Rufus's suggestion, you might want to go to a stereo store and look for the clothes that remove static and dust from the old LPs. I saw some for sale just a couple of years ago at Radio Shack. Mike IPMS

You can get the same effect with a cigarette lighter that has a piezo igniter cheaper to. very useful when you have to pick up handfuls of bean bag beans.
"Rufus" wrote

worse...