Re: Hurricane PR version - Experts?

> I want to build or make a PR version of the Hurricane - either a Mk I or a > II in 1/48th. All I know is they were predominately used Mediteranean and > they have a camera housing on the ventral part of the aircraft. I have > some profiles shown as reference in the old Profile series but I wonder > about the accuracy of those publications. > > First, is there a resin ventral camera housing available in 1/48th

Nate:

Airwaves makes a very nice ventral camera housing in 1/48 scale. Available by mail order from E.D.Models,

Hannant's as well. That's where I got mine.

Second, what is a good reference source for this aircraft - SAMI's > Hurricane book? > Or does someone have a good description of a PR type Hurricane?

Scale Aircraft Modelling Colours series, #2, "The Hawker Hurricane,

1939-1945" by H.C. Bridgewater, ISBN 0-9539040-4-0. This pub has a number of colour profiles of tac-rec Hurricanes in North Africa and the Far East. Only problem is that out there they apparently painted their Tac-Rec aircraft something called "Bosun Blue", which apparently is a very dark blue. Can't find any reference on this colour anywhere. If you find anything, let me know.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey