hurricane

is there a really good, big hurricane kit?

The Airfix 1/24th scale kit is decent enough, though it's level of detail isn't up to current levels. I don't think there are any major shape issues and panel detail is restrained, I have one in the stash for when I have the time to do it justice, Cheers, Bill.

probably find aftermarket too? a good 1/32 would be ok, too.
e wrote:

Not much in the Squadron Book

Exactly none listed in the above. Eventually Trumpeter will get around to it when someone mentions that they could make a bunch of Imperialists pay for it.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

ah tartar sauce! there a good 1/48? prolly a dozen and 100's of pe and decals. which to build. gonna start that 1/48 24d. looks like i could spend years detailing it. bye bye wallet.
e wrote:

I've just finished the Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Mk1 and I highly recommend it. The cockpit is highly detailed out of the box. I bought the Czechmaster cockpit set to use instead, but decided against it. In the end, the only part of the Czechmaster set that I used was the canopy. I did replace the kit seat with an Ultracast one. If you really wanted to, you could do the same with the undercarriage bay. I must confess that I didn't bother.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
The Revell 1:32 Hurricane is a rather old mould, the original version had the A-wing with 4 .303 Mg's, but Revell changed that later to a C-wing with 2 20mm, but the gunbay hatches hasn't been changed accordingly. At least the Mk IIc version var issued not so long ago and should be available somwhere. It's not a state of the are kit, but it can turn out nicely. Eduard makes at least a small PE set for it.
--

Claus Gustafsen
Strandby Denmark
Brian Boot wrote:

    And as a help to detailing and building the Airfix 1/24 scale kit:
"Hawker Hurricane; Classic Aircraft #4, Their history and how to model them" by Bruce Robertson and Gerald Scarborough, edited by Roy Cross. Published by Patrick Stephens Ltd. in association with Airfix Products, Ltd. 1974, ISBN 0 85059 124 4
    This was a book series done in collusion with Airfix on how to super detail or modify the particular Airfix kit to other variations. This book tells you how to convert to a Mk.II or a Sea Hurricane, etc. It is definitely worth having whatever scale you are building in.
                            Bill Shuey

great, thanks.

sounds good

Same opinion for me.
--
Chris
e wrote:

I have _NO_ idea why, guess I haven't been doing enough modeling lately, but I immediately thought this was from AZHoser wanting to do a diorama of New Orleans... Flames were all set, and then I read the first repost and realized it was the RAF Hurricane!
I gotta stop teaching the weather section of my Geography class during hurricane and typhoon season.

Very funny Drew.... where is AssBoy, btw? I have't seen it around for a while. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.
RobG

please, like i could be as big an asshole as that sad creature....