Re: Hurricane plan

Live 15 min. from coast of NC. Sent child and wife off to parents' house to

> ride out Isabel. Me? I have the Dremel charged, plenty of candles standing > by, and batteries for the radio for when the electricity goes out. I plan on > model building! Heck, no 3 yr. old hiding the modeling tools, no wife > nagging about doing things...yes, sir, nothing but modeling!!!!! > > For you others in the same predicament, Be safe! > > Sean

Ahhhh....write a thesis on the experiment:

"Airbrushing Within The Eye of a Hurricane"

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

may the great pidgeon guide your airbrush.

Winds up to 40. Power went out for about 30 min. Can't seem to generate enough lung power to use airbrush.

I'm a Sgt. with local PD on vacation. So far, they haven't realized that I've not reported to duty!

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Sean -- God be with you man, report back in when you can.

The Old Timer
10:00. Got some airbrushing in!!! Now they are saying tornadoes are possible. Figures.

Wife's cat won't freakin' leave me alone.

News just said storm is still weakening, winds down to "around 100." Eye will be in area around 1400.

Appreciate the support from you guys out there.

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Sean - I'm pulling for you, waiting for us to get our share tomorrow. We're looking for a good bit of rain (as if we need more!) and winds up to.. get this... 40MPH... Woohoo! Keep your head down and press on with your modeling efforts - I envy you...

Frank Kranick IPMS/USA 20352

Sean wrote:

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

My advice to you (as I prepare to receive whatever will be left of Isabel when it makes its way up to northern VA) is to drink all the beer in the refrigerator while it's still cold! ;~)

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

where's your trusty backup air can? glad you weathered the storm ok. waiting for my boston friends to give the all clear.

just don't go out sans coulotte's. (sp?)

keep the baby, faith.

That'll help with the airbrushing... ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Well it'll be a tad higher powered when it thrashes through here. I really wish I could get the car in the garage but the kid's stuff is in there plus all the outside furniture. Strangely the neighbours don't seem to be worrying as much as I have. Next door still has her umbrella table and chairs on her back porch. If it moves, the wind'll probably carry it to the other neighbour's yard. I'm just freaking over those tall sycamores across the street. They sure look exciting when the wind whips them around. Last year we couldn't get the sky to spit on us and this year has been a cry-fest. :]

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

an untapped source of gas.

sycamore's are deep rooters, especially if you had some drought. hope the ground isn't too soft. pile the pc junkpile outside bill. that stuff won't blow away. then the car will be safe.

OK. The storm has finally passed. I was busy typing away an update around

1100 when the power went out. Continued model building while listening to battery-powered radio and the mayhem outside. Storm started to slack off around 1600 here and wife returned (interrupting my solitary bliss) and used her feminine wiles to convince me to return to my folks' house with her. Escaped the storm with cosmetic damage to the house: I should be able to fix most of it in about 2 hours Friday. Just hoping the power comes back on before I have to grill out 10 pounds of meat on the gas grill!

Jacksonville got off easy this time. After enduring Bertha, Fran, Bonnie, Dennis, and Floyd since '96, I can feel for those who got hammered.

Thanks to all those out there who were supportive, and best wishes to those who are suffering or will suffer from the storm.

Sean

BTW, I actually forgot I had a back-up can of compressed air tucked away. Damn the luck!

Frank Kranick IPMS/USA 20352

Sean wrote:

Reply to
Sean

Oh, forgot to mention that I'm using my father's computer. I know some of you were probably wondering how I could send stuff via computer if power was out:-)

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Ok. Final storm report from me:

Power was returned late Thursday to the house. Just got my phone service restored today (I use ancient dial-up Internet). Worked on house yesterday for about two hours to fix cosmetic damage. Just need to get on roof to finish up by replacing the lone shingle that was removed from the roof.

Important stuff: During the storm, I got my AM Il-2 completed up to the point that I can airbrush it, and managed to airbrush a junk model (You know, the ones you just sort of throw together when you want to work on something that doesn't require any thought!).

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Those are the kind I do so well. It's the ones that count that I screw up! Glad to hear you came out well.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak