Ruston Hornsby PR

Hi

I have recently acquired a Ruston Hornsby PR 2 ½ hp that I am currently restoring.

Does anyone know of any websites that have good pictures of this type of engine so I can see what everything should look like when assembled. I got mine as a box of bits.

I am also looking for a couple of parts, a set of main and big end bearings, I have some that are made from nylon that I can use but I'd like to see if I can get some proper ones.

Also I am missing the governor lever (the lever that is moved by the governor and operates the throttle via a rod) Part no 24 according to the drawing I have.

If I can't find one I'll make one, so if someone could send me a couple of pictures and a few measurements of one I'd be most grateful.

Thanks

Liam

snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Liam

Ray Hooley's site has pictures of the PR and CPR, and you can contact Ray directly by email for any spares that he may be able to help with.

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

Peter

Peter A Forbes

....and you'll find a basic manual for download at

Do you have the starting handle? regards

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

I have already contacted Ray and he is unable to help with the parts I need but was able to tell me some history of my engine.

Regards

Liam

Reply to
Liam

Thanks for the manual link and yes I do have the starting handle.

Regards

Liam

Reply to
Liam

In that case, ref my earlier post, would you mind letting me know the crank centre to handle centre distance of the handle please. Try a wanted ad In SEM for the parts. regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

The crank centre to handle centre is 6 inches. I could send you some pictured of it if you like.

Regards

Liam

Reply to
Liam

Many thanks Liam. I'll cut and weld one that fits to the right length. regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven