Ruston Hornsby 6PS

My son and I have recently got the stationary bug and have restored the compulsory Lister D and recently a Lister A ready for rallying this year. We have now bought a Ruston Hornsby 6PS as our next project. This engine is seized but the mag and carb are present, although the float chamber is missing from the carb. If any body knows for one or a suitable replacement then please contact me at

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Also I would like to find as much information about this engine type as I can as it is in short supply on the internet.Finally what would this engine be worth when restored, not that this matters but I need an excuse to tell the wife as to how much I can realistcally spend on the restoration. Thanks in advance for any replys.

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted from Internal Fire Newsreader

Share your knowledge in... uk.rec.engines.stationary ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Ian Barrow

Hi

I used to have a 6PS that I restored from seized condition there are a few pictures on my website

was missing the carb. never found one for it in the 6 years I had it. I tried a few different carbs on it but ended up making my own.

I swapped mine last year for a Ruston APR (restoration project) Ray Hooley is the person to contact, he should be able to supply some history of your engine and manuals for it. He also supplies paint and transfers. His Email is snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

Regards

Liam

Reply to
Liam