Ruston Information

My Club went out with a low loader and mobile crane on the weekend and picked up a Ruston & Hornsby twin cylinder Size 8 class HRCE serial no

225125 engine. Can someone please supply any dating info for this engine? We have been told it was used in the Northern Territory on a large generator before being sent back to agents for refurbishment, a new lighter flywheel, then sent up the Murray on a paddle boat and installed as a pumping engine near Swan Hill Victoria. regards Jim
Reply to
Jimbo

Talk to Ray Hooley:

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

his web site also has his contact information:

Peter

Prepair Ltd

How about a few pictures for us to drool over :-))

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

I would date that engine to sometime in 1943 - number 223776, an HR of unknown size was dispatched to Asiatic Petroleum, Mauritius on 19 March 1943.

John Ambler Sussex, UK Return E-mails to snipped-for-privacy@skiprat.net

John Ambler

Reply to
Jimbo