Mobile 600W equivalent

My shaper attachment gearbox calls for 1/2 pint of Mobile 600W oil or equivalent. So, what other oils are the same?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Mobil 600W Cylinder Oil is meant for use in enclosed worm gears, and the shaper head has such a gear set. It's available in quarts from Boston Gear for use in their gear boxes. Try Motion Industries or other power transmission distributor.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Phew that took a search of my archive!

600W oil is cylinder oil in a general group of Worm Gear oil. (phew).

Benz Gearoil 7 comp. Amoco Cylinder oil 460 Arco Duro S-1500 Chevron EP Machine Oil 460 Citgo Cylinder 400-5 Fuchs Renolin Cs400 Mobil 600w CYL oil Shell Omala 460 Sun Sunvis 9112 Texaco Vanguard Cyl Oil US Oil AGMA 7 comp

Hope that helps.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Hi Martin,

Can you suggest a source for purchasing these (Plus #10 and #20 machine oil) in consumer quantities? (That is, pints, quarts, or gallons.)

Thanks in advance.

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

FWIW,

I took this list to the local auto parts place and bought a quart with a nice little squeeze spout.

Many thanks for the list. The Mobile number is obsolete.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Harry and all -

The nice thing about the list - notice the oil company names.

Somewhere in your town or the next is a petrol / oil dealer. He fills the gas stations with gas and oil - He/she :-) is the distributor.

Walk in and inquire on gallon size. See what they can do. In years past I have gotten some exotic oils that way.

MSC sells some - I buy my way oil from them.

Another place is the local Auto supply store - just be sure you d>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn