Delta/Milwaukee band saw - oil?

I latched onto a small (table's about 14"x14" Delta/Milwaukee band saw. Works fine for my modest metal cutting needs. There is a small cup for oil. What is best oil to use, and what is lubricated? As you can tell I'm not too mechanically educated. :-) TIA.

Reply to
a6016

Automotive gear oil, 90 or 140 weight. GL-3 or lower if you can find it. The GL-4 and GL-5 oils contain higher percentages of extreme pressure additives, which can attack brass and bronze parts. Although I can't remember if there are any bronze bearings in the gearbox.

The oil cup fills the gearbox.

John Martin

Reply to
John Martin