Ruston Hornsby APR

I am currently restoring a Ruston Hornsby APR 2 hp but I am missing the governor lever (the lever that is moved by the governor and operates the
throttle via a rod) Part no 24 according to the drawing I have. Does anyone have one for sale? If I can't get one I'll make one, so if someone is able to send me a couple of pictures, drawings or a few measurements etc. of one I'd be most grateful.
Thanks Liam
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk
www.sumpoil.freeserve.co.uk
Hi Liam, I have a 2 3/4HP APR that is awaiting restoration. I do not have a copy of the drawings and parts list, only the dimensioned line drawings. If you could email me a copy of the drawings and the parts you require I would gladly remove the parts and measure them up for you. Does your engine run with a ratary mag or EK type, only asking as I need the dimensions for an EK mounting. Ohh and I also need a crank guard if you know of one going spare.
Cheers, MartinH

I downloaded the drawings from this web site www.internalfire.com/index.php I have also emailed them to you. It's part no. 24 that I am missing. Sorry but I don't know where you could get a crank guard from, also mine was the rotary mag fitted.
Thanks Liam

Try Frank Gelder for the crank guard. I've mislaid his number but I'm sure a Google of this group's archives will turn it up :-) ttfn Roland

Half crank guards for the like of these, and small Fairbanks Z's, plus other small american open cranks, can be fabricated from steel 10" mini wheel trailer mudguards. A bit of fiddling, but easily available from trailer factors, and towsure, and much cheaper.
Regards
Dan