Ruston Hornsby APR

I am currently restoring a Ruston Hornsby APR 2 ½ hp but I am missing the governor lever (the lever that is moved by the governor and operates the throttle via a rod) Part no 24 according to the drawing I have. Does anyone have one for sale? If I can't get one I'll make one, so if someone is able to send me a couple of pictures, drawings or a few measurements etc. of one I'd be most grateful.

Thanks Liam

snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk

Liam

Hi Liam, I have a 2 3/4HP APR that is awaiting restoration. I do not have a copy of the drawings and parts list, only the dimensioned line drawings. If you could email me a copy of the drawings and the parts you require I would gladly remove the parts and measure them up for you. Does your engine run with a ratary mag or EK type, only asking as I need the dimensions for an EK mounting. Ohh and I also need a crank guard if you know of one going spare.

Cheers, MartinH

Reply to
Martin Hirst

I downloaded the drawings from this web site

I have also emailed them to you. It's part no. 24 that I am missing. Sorry but I don't know where you could get a crank guard from, also mine was the rotary mag fitted.

Thanks Liam

Reply to
Liam

Try Frank Gelder for the crank guard. I've mislaid his number but I'm sure a Google of this group's archives will turn it up :-) ttfn Roland

Roland and Celia Craven

Half crank guards for the like of these, and small Fairbanks Z's, plus other small american open cranks, can be fabricated from steel 10" mini wheel trailer mudguards. A bit of fiddling, but easily available from trailer factors, and towsure, and much cheaper.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden