Hurricane crash

WWII fighter plane crash lands

A rare World War II fighter plane has crashed landed at an airfield in Essex. Fire crews were called to North Weald Airfield where the Hawker Hurricane Mark II came down at 1140 GMT. An Essex Fire Service spokesman said the plane is thought to have had a problem with its landing gear but no one was hurt in the accident. The spokesman said no one was trapped in the plane and there was no leaking fuel. The Ambulance Service also attended the incident.

From the photo on the report it looks like more of a heavy landing than a crash.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

more ammuntion for the museum boys. i say fly em.

Reply to
someone

looks like a pretty small "crash". she looks in pretty good shape. the word "crash" has all kinds of interpretations. probably sold a lot of newspapers with it though..

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

i thought the brits just use t and a to sell papers?

Reply to
someone

This just jogged my memory. Over the weekend we lost a TBM in New Jersey (Millville, IIRC). This was a fire and except for the cowling and the tail everything else is burned.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote

Not so much now. These days the tabloid press make up stories about people and get away with it. They also manipulate events to get a better story. Our tabloid press are filth.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

not much better here. i don't do news anymore.

Reply to
someone

that's sad.

Reply to
someone

how is Heather Mills getting along these days - still hated for messing with Paul McCartney?

Reply to
Musicman59

I'll never understand how she did so well in court - I didn't think she had a leg to stand on.

Bad dawg... bad...

WmB

Reply to
WmB

She kinda took the pressure off Yoko. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

willshak

on 3/13/2009 7:03 AM (ET) willshak wrote the following:

Newscast video here, better pics of aftermath, but no video of fire or crash itself.

willshak