Inside the AHP AlphaTig 200x

I stumbled upon one of my old bookmarks for the AHP AlphaTig 200x. Eric mentioned looking inside his new Lincoln Square Wave TIG 200 awhile back and that it looked clean and solid. I couldn't find/remember where I had seen these images at the time...

About half way down the following page one of the guys took pictures with the covers off. Kind of interesting. Looks a lot more like the inside of a high power stereo rather than a welder...

I'd still like to see inside the Lincoln for myself...

I need some of you that aren't using eternal.september to quote this. Otherwise I don't think Eric will see it...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

That AHP certainly looks messy inside compared to my Hitachi GP2 200A TIG welder. I bought the Hitachi new back in 1998 and still going strong. I seem to remember seeing the Lincoln pics but not sure where they are now.

Reply to
David Billington

The Lincoln I'm referencing is pretty new and was hard to get. I haven't checked availability lately. Curious more than anything. I would like to "play" with one but don't really need one... See:

(LincolnElectric)

I searched the net pretty hard maybe 2-3 months ago for any kind of info picturing the insides and/or schematics. Didn't find diddly squat...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I didn't post any pics of the inside of the Lincoln so you'll have to take my word that it looks better inside than the AHP. One thing that really impressed me was how the cooling air was routed. Lincoln made sure that the heat sinks have plenty of cooling air flowing across them. And as we all know semiconductors like running cool. They last much longer. I was surprised at first at just how strong the fan is in the Lincoln. My old Lincoln SP125+ MIG welder has a much smaller fan. and the machines are pretty much the same size and weight. But then the SP125+ isn't an inverter machine. Eric

Reply to
etpm

I've got an older Lincoln Square Wave 175 and it's insides appear more neat ly made than that AHP to me also. I recently had to send the circuit board out for repair. Had more than enough test equip. and background to fix the thing, but good luck finding a schematic for one anywhere. If anyone knows of a source of Lincoln circuit board schematics, I'd sure appreciate them p osting it here.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

I've got an older Lincoln Square Wave 175 and it's insides appear more neatly made than that AHP to me also. I recently had to send the circuit board out for repair. Had more than enough test equip. and background to fix the thing, but good luck finding a schematic for one anywhere. If anyone knows of a source of Lincoln circuit board schematics, I'd sure appreciate them posting it here.

Garrett Fulton ============================ Where to and how much?

Wiggling connectors fixed the problem with my 175.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Garrett, is this a good email address? May have something for you to look at.

Reply to
Leon Fisk

No, Jim, it wasn't a connection problem. Went through all that over the pho ne with Lincoln. I've forgotten who did the repair and can't locate the pap erwork. Found them with an internet search. Lincoln tech. support were help ful, but wouldn't give me the schematic nor would the place that repaired t he circuit board. "Proprietary". Mr. Fisk, yes it's a good email address an d thanks for any information.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

Switching power and control transistors everywhere makes an old Iron TIG look like a stick welder - which most do. This tig - didn't look it up - might not be a stick welder as well.

Plasma - portable machines are like this - light weight and run off a gas bottle of N2 not air. Nice for off site. Nice to keep dry and pure. Better torch beam and longer lasting.

Mart> >> I stumbled upon one of my old bookmarks for the AHP AlphaTig 200x. Eric

Reply to
Martin Eastburn