Got a look inside the TIG 200 welder

I was fortunate to get a look inside the new Lincoln TIG 200. I was very impressed by the workmanship and the appearance of the components. There is a circuit board that is so large it covers virtually all the components. This circuit board has a silicone conformal coating that is around 1/8" thick. There are two clear plastic sheets that descend from this board that enclose all the circuitry and direct the cooling air flow over the electronics. These sheets have several holes and cutouts and they all have nicely broken edges. The tops of the sheets extend above the plane of the main circuit board about 1/2" and the corners have a large radius machined on them. The welder looks like it was made to be easily assembled and serviced with no sharp edges to snag fingers. The welder is loaded with heatsinks and they are all deburred too. The typical Chinese electronic stuff never looks this good. Based on the welder's performance so far and the way they look inside it looks like I got my moneys worth. Eric

Reply to
etpm