Union Carbide 305 Tig Welder Repair

Hi, I am new to this, so what I have is an "old" UCC Tig Welder which was working fine, but now all I can get is the startup Ampage which is around 20 amps ???? turn up the panel control or pedal and nothing happens ampage stays exactly the same, I had local Engineer out to have a check but could see he had never seen an older Machine like this, more used to the modern types, I do not use it much but to replace would cost lots, so any help in locating the problem would be greatly appreciated, all I can think of is what ever controls the power output must be what is wrog but I do not know what controls it ????, all I could see is one small Circuit Board which I removed and cleaned up so I could examine all the connections but they all looked fine, so I it could be one of the components that has failed but I do not know how to test these ???? or if this is the power control ??, so again any and all help wqill be appreciated, Thanks in advance Eddie.

Reply to
Eddie

Is it the same as a Linde welder? Have you opened it up? Anything smells funny? Are the screws power leads well tightened? A lot of things can be found out by just snoopping into the equipment with a multimeter.

Check voltage on the transformer, DC bus inside etc.

Call ESAB, I believe that they have the manual for your welder.

Ignoramus11506

Hi Thanks, yes I have got both side Panels off and like you say I have checked all connections and there are no smells or signs of burnt connections, the Welding Engineer went through a lot of Voltage checks with his multi meter and he could not see anything obivious ??? , I will try and contact ESAB should be able to find their Wewb site ???? if not has anyone got their contact details, again Thanks at least I have somwhere to try now, and if I can get a Manual that should be a great help. Eddie.

Reply to
Eddie