Luftwaffe F-4F Phantom

Does anyone know what color the gear struts/wells are on these birds? I've found references to white, light gray, underside color, etc. I have an old Hasegawa F-4F kit (P7) which is out of production, and I'm painting it in the 1980 "B" camo pattern (RAL 7009, 7012, 7037, and 7039 uppers with RAL 7030 and 7035 lowers).

In addition, does anyone have an extra canopy sprue, or at least the pilot's canopy and windscreen, for sale? The pilot canopy and windscreen are broken, and I'm not getting any response from either Hasegawa or Dragon, their US distributor. I'm thinking that any canopy/windscreen from Hasegawa's 1/48 Phantom series should work.

Thanks a lot!

-randy IPMS/USA #42313

Reply to
Randy Bumgardner

Randy,

The landing gear wells and struts are gloss white. Some appear off-white but I think it's due to wear and tear. :-)

HTH

Reply to
Spook