Phantom F4-F wing fences

The Hasegawa kit of this Luftwaffe Phantom F4-F has small wing fences on what would be the hinge line of each wing, these fences extend about

20% from the front of the wing they are also shown on the box top art. I have looked at many photographs on the internet and these fences seem to be quite rare, some US aircraft (4-E) have them and the occasional Luftwaffe 4-F does. Was this fence an addition at the ICE upgrade, or is there some way of telling which planes had them and which did not. On the other hand is it something as simple as a retractable wing fence!. Derek Shaw
Reply to
Derek Shaw

I'm not a Phantom Phixer, I'm a Phantom Phixer's son and I'm only phixing Phantoms 'till the Phantom phixing's done...

RobG (see the posts re British game birds hereabouts)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg