Phinished a Phantom today!

Heya folks!

A little background on this first off...

I was married just over 15 years ago. I graduated from high school 21 years ago. This is the firs Phantom II thatI've applied DECALS to since HIGH SCHOOL! Wow! I find that impressive for me!

It's not that I can't do them, I just had the tediousness of applying decals! So, I went through my collection of built models, and excepting those which are on display in an ROTC facility which I had no access to, the only Phantoms that I have with decals on them are from way back when I was in high school! Now, I've done decals since then, and I've built phantoms since then, but apparently not at the same time on the same sub- jects.

So, anyway...

This kit is a 1/72 ESCI F-4C/J built as a D kit with mark- ings for the ND ANG. I'm using an ANCIENT Micro- Scale set with the Camoflaged a/c. Good thing I sprayed it with Glosscote, the decals had gone to crap. I had at least three start to disolve on me. Three layers of Testors' Glosscote later, they're staying in one piece. I used a conglomeration of decals from a variety of sour- ces for the details, and decided to go with the Hasegawa AIM-4 launcher inboard weapons pylons and a Monogram vulcan gunpod on the center line. The cockpits are hand painted and the canopies are up. My only regret is that I waited until the damned thing was finished until I real- ized that I'd left out the figures!

It's looking swell next to my ND ANG kits of the F-51, F-94B, F-94C and F-89D. I'm not sure what the next one is going to be; I'm torn between doing the F-101B and building the next Phantom (ADC Grey).

Build 'em, don't collect 'em!

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill