good hobbyshops in San Fransisco

Anyone know any good ones??

Bo

Reply to
Bo Hermansen

As far as in SF itself, I don't know of any. In the southbay (San Jose area) there is D & J's in Cupertino, Yana's in Los Altos (maybe listed in Mountain View, he's right on the border). On the other side of the bay, Ace Hardware in Berkley (never been but heard good things), Hobbies Unlimited in San Leandro. All I can think of off the top of my head. Eric

Reply to
Teresa

Franciscan Hobbies on Ocean is by far the best hobby shop in SF. Best in the Bay Area is Berkeley Ace Hardware on Unversity.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Speaking of the SF Bay Area, what happened to San Antonio Hobby Shop in Mountain View? I live in the Fresno area, and would swing by them on my infrequent (yearly) visits to the Bay Area, and went there about 8 months ago only to find the place shuttered and a note on the door thanking everyone for their years of patronage. I presume they either lost the lease (shopping center raised the lease, probably) or decided to move on to other pastures.

Reply to
Matt Wiser

Thanks for the info; I never had any problems finding what I wanted when I did drop in. The staff was always willing to help find something, or if that wasn't possible, refer you to someplace where you would be able to.

Reply to
Matt Wiser

Matt, San Antonio close almost 2 years ago. The owners wanted to retire and tried selling the business but got no offers. Eric

Reply to
Teresa