Anyone need Hardinge 4C collets?

Ive located a quantity of Hardinge 4c collets. Probably about 200 or
so, various sizes.
Any interest in them singly or in sets?
Gunner
"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should
fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"
Reply to
Gunner
Mike Graham had a machine that used them, I sent him a bunch of my old ones a few years ago. If you could pry him loose from the clutches of miss what-s-er-name he might still want them.
Jim
jim rozen
I'd be interested in any hex or square.
I already have a full 64ths set of round ones plus some extras. If you are missing some round ones to make up a full set, let me know and I'll send you a list of my extras.
Reply to
Jim Stewart
Gunner, I'd be interested in the following sizes if you have them: 1/8, 1/4, 5/16, 7/16, 1/2, and 5/8. If those are not available, I could grind some smaller ones out to desired size. Regards, Jim S.
Reply to
Jim Schwitters
Anyone with a Hardinge Horizontal Mill with the Vertical Attachment would be very interested in these.....
Marty
Gunner wrote in
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
Reply to
Marty Escarcega
Ohh. Or the poster here who *just* scored a BB4 hardinge horizontal mill! Those use 4C collets as well.
Jim
jim rozen
I stumbled across a couple 5 gallon buckets full of them, in a grinding shop. They were used in some tiny little Japanese second ops lathes (one of which Im trying to score) which arnt used any longer. The customer indicated he had no use for them and would be interested in selling them off. The collets were shiney and pretty new looking, all Hardinge marked that I looked at..so Ill check with him the coming week and see what he wants to do. Just wanted to see if there was any interest before making him think too hard. I thought Id remembered seeing something about 4c collets here....
Ill follow up on this
Gunner
"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"
Reply to
Gunner
Diameter and length both. They look identical until see them together..the 4c is scaled down about 2/3rds or so.
Gunner
"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"
Reply to
Gunner
The cataract "C" designation basically shows the *largest* item that can possibly be held in the collet, in eights of an inch.
So the largest collet one ever sees in 5C, is 1.125 inch, even though the part won't pass all the way though.
Jim
jim rozen
I would like to have a 4-C dead center. I would also like a known near perfect 1/2 or 5/8 collet. The collets I have are accurate near the headstock but long rods wave around in the breeze when checked 6 inches from the collet. I have an old S.A. Potter lathe that uses 4C. I have checked the spindle, and it is amazingly close, considering the age of the machine. However, old collets (all of mine) are treacherous. A known good 1/2 or 5/8 collet would be useful in holding tooling.
Brownnsharp
Reply to
brownnsharp
Doh. Quarters of an inch, obviously.
Jim
jim rozen
LOL. One goof and then forevermore I'll be known as the 225, eighth guy.
Of course it is quarters. You never see a 1.25 diameter 5C collet, but I understand that's what the designation means - that more or less, the collet is good up to that size.
Jim
jim rozen
Ive found a couple hundred or so of them. Ill post the particulars when the owner decides what he wants to do with them.
Gunner
"Gun Control, the theory that a 110lb grandmother should fist fight a 250lb 19yr old criminal"
Reply to
Gunner

Site Timeline