wtb rail road jack

i am looking for a used rail road jack, i see them on ebay but they are pricey. any leads on were to find one

Reply to
Asp3211968

Grant Erwin

Grant Erwin snipped-for-privacy@kirkland.net

Occasionally, on ebay. FM

Reply to
Fdmorrison

Where are you? These would show up occasionally at country auctions in Iowa a few years ago. Price was highly variable. I'm currently working in San Francisco and the local railroad museum has more tools and equipment donated to them than they can use- they sell this off as a pretty profitable sideline. Possibly a smilar museum near you could help out. Just a suggestion, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Gorman/Kathy Ramsey

Do you mean a trackjack or a lifting jack? In either case check with mine / mining supply stores. They use both in the mining industry. I don't however think you will find a deal on one unless you can find a gypo miner that's quitting the business.

Good Luck, tHAT

Reply to
Anon Ymous

i just now these jacks as railroad jacks, if anybody comes across one and it is resonable let me now

Reply to
Asp3211968

What are you talking about "resonable". I have been to several railroad auctions and jacks like the smaller Simplex and such will sell for between

50.00 and 125.00 depending on condition. I have seen them sell for up to near 200.00 bucks if they are really nice. I recently picked up a cast steel railroad jack in pretty good condition and ended up paying about 70.00 for it. Fortunately there weren't any railroad jack collectors at the auction.

tim

Reply to
TSJABS

Do y ou want frogs with that?

Reply to
Bob Swinney
50 to 75 i guess is resonable. i guess froms included is ok
Reply to
Asp3211968

Hey Asp,

I don't know what you would consider reasonable, but I'm pretty sure Harbor Freight has them on sale right now. I saw them in Detroit the other day, but paid no attention to price. ...Hmmmm.... Or maybe it was Princess Auto in London?

Take care.

Happy New Year.

Brian Laws>i just now these jacks as railroad jacks, if anybody comes across one and it is

Reply to
Brian Lawson