Bux magnetic drills any good?

I've seen a magnetic drill on eBay which I'm tempted to bid on. The base is made by Bux and the drill by Bosch. Anyone know if Bux machines are any good?

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

A magnet is a magnet I don't think it really matters. Bosch makes pretty decent drills though.

Reply to
Xenophon

Are the drive motors plastic housing and very tall and relatively thin? We had a couple in a shop I worked in. They lasted several years being used every day and were relatively light weight. They were not particularly powerful but cut 13/16ths holes quite well. Randy

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
R. Zimmerman

Yes. The Bosch drive motor is in a tall, narrow plastic housing which is dark green. The bottom end of the motor which holds the bearing (and probably a gearbox) looks to be die cast aluminium. The Bux website says that the motor is 1150 watts, but the Bosch drill might have been an aftermarket replacment. The drive motors on these machines can be readily replaced and interchanged, right?

Thanks for the advice.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Yes. The Bosch motor is in a tall, narrow plastic housing which is dark green. The lower end of the motor housing, which holds the lower bearing and probably a gearbox, appears to be die cast aluminium. The Bux website lists this machine as having a 1150 watt motor, but I suppose the Bosch motor may have been an aftermarket replacement. The motors on these machines can be readily replaced and interchanged, right?

Thanks for the advice.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Forgot the link to the auction. Here it is. I think it might be a European-only model, as Walker-Hagou seem to be a Dutch company:

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy