Anyone familiar with the Hougen 10912 magnetic drill?

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a used Hougen 10912 magnetic drill. Looks to be a good, solid machine. Anyone familiar with the model and know if it's any good? I'd be glad to hear if anyone has strong opinions.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

I have an HMD904 and also a magnetic frame drill made by Hougen that takes Rotoloc cutters. I would not trade them for anything. They are invaluable if you drill alot of holes. Also, if you have a mill you can get an R8 arbor for the mill and use them. The cutters are pricey though at around 3-400 a set.

If you need cutters call Mike Manning at North State Supply in Buffalo, New York. Tell him Steve in KY told you to call him. He is a great guy and his prices cannot be beat.

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the advice. I just bid on and won a 10912 on eBay. It's coming from Germany so it might take a week or so to arrive. Will let you know how I find it...

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Great drills.

I snag my Roto-broach cutters from ebay.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler