Italieri 1/32 54mm teutonic knights

Anyone has seen detailed photos of this set? (built or not build) I'd like to know about details before I order this one. Is this as good as metal Pegaso fugures? Or should I expect crude details?

Maciek

Reply to
Maciek

Don't know about the Teutonic Knights but I've had others from the range (Roman Soldiers).

They have reasonable detail but they are moulded in soft flexible plastic - virtually identical to the old Airfix soldiers.

I don't think the detail will come close to the Metal Pegaso that you describe.

The biggest problem is preparing and painting them. Because they are soft polythene type plastic it is difficult to remove flash lines because it doesn't sand well. Any long pointy items (swords, spears, rifles etc) often end up bent though with a little patience and a heat source (boiling water, hairdryer etc) you can straighten them out - but it does sort have a sort of 'memory effect' so over time the curls might redevelop. The final problem is getting paint to stick to them - enamels are a problem because they are not flexible like the models so you find paint tend sto flake off parts that get flexed (swords, spears, rifles etc). Best using acrylics as they are more flexible.

But onto the positive - they have a very interesting range, you get a lot for your money and they are pretty good representations even though lacking the absolute detail of polystyrene or white metal types.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Heather the-heathers.co.uk>

Thank you for the information very much! As I have serious time shortages - I'd rather buy one detailed hard styrene / metal model instead of flexible knights. Too bad pegaso single metal figure costs as much as 3-4 boxes of italieri teutonics :) And there's 8 of them in each box. Hm one metal knight or 24 flexible knights :)

Maciek

Reply to
Maciek