1/32 sabre

is the hase kit good? i got one for xmas.

Reply to
someone

Yeah - I built one as a teen, and I now have another in my stash. If you can, it might be good to get some metal gear for it...not that the plastic gear are really wobbly, but a metal gear set would help. I recall that the fit of the kit was also very good.

And the Eduard etch set for it is a really nice add-on. That and a set of decals of your choice are about all you need to produce a really stunning model. The engine is a kit in itself - you'll probably want to build tail and engine stands for display.

Reply to
Rufus

nah, i'll just stick it together, spray it khaki and hang it from the ceiling like i did with the monogram. actually, i believe you're right about hogging it. are there pics of real stands anywhere? is it rare or reissued?mine is very old, the directions are yellow and the box is fading down. it was stored well but had some light. my best girl in the east found it at a temple thrift store. knowing her, she got it for less than a buck.

Reply to
someone

Which Christmas?

Reply to
Richard Goldsberry

the current one. why?

Reply to
someone

I think it's been reissued at least once or twice...mine is actually one of the Japanese ones with AIM-9's mounted, but the one I built as a kid was the gold USAF one - that one is probably the more collectible of the two in the original issue.

You should be able to find pics of Sabres in maintenance all over the web - I think I have the Squadron Walk Around on the Sabre, or had it on my list of boks to buy - I seem to recall that it's a pretty good reference. I may want to back date mine a bit to do an earlier paint job on it; the early black/white ID stripes vise the yellow ones.

I also have a Trumpeter Mig-15 to sit beside mine...fitting, in that I've had a personal hand in the destruction of a few QF-86s over the years...

Reply to
Rufus

sounds like some ideas. thanks

Reply to
someone

A clear case of Premature Christmasfication. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i thought regular sex cured that? or a sympathetic partner?

Reply to
someone