attempt to rekindle

Instead of going on about how good this group used to be, I intend to contribute a bit instead of just lurking. Don't expect posts from me on a regular basis, as I'm quite busy being a
husband, father, houseman, friend, employee etc. There's more in my life then modelling. I'll be posting whenever I see fit to do so, which will depend on how often I manage to get my nose away from the grindstone.
On to the modelling part of this post: Recently I started work on five (5) different boxings of the Revellogram F-101 Voodoo. The first one (F-101B) was bought about 20 years ago and has been sitting on the shelf ever since. 5 years later a second F-101B was purchased, along with a C&H RF-101G/H conversion set. A RF-101B followed suit. At the IPMS convention I picked up a third F-101B for which I ordered a C&H RF-101C conversion set. As I had a spare F-101B decal sheet sitting in the stash, last month I bought yet another F-101B from eBay. This time the white Canadian version. And somewhere along the line a Black Box F-101B cockpit set found its way to my stash.
So here we are: five Voodoos sitting on my desk. The intake assemblies already painted and ready. All cockpits and instrument panels received their base coats. Some panels are already painted black. The head- and armrests of the bang seats are painted red, the cushions a greyish khaki.
As the wheater will be great this weekend, no modelling for me for the next few days. Instead I'm off sailing today.
As for Super Al: I too miss him dearly. His last post in this NG was in reply to one of my posts, something about making a back seat from car body putty in a waxine mold for a VW Karmann Ghia.
Incidentally, the VW and a good number of modern military jets can still be seen on my website www.plasticwings.be
Enjoy! Hope to be back soon with an update on the Voodoos.
--
Cave Putorium

Steven