F-4F to F-4EJ?

Hi Everyone,

I've got the Revell/Hasegawa F-4F 1:48 kit, but the decals are ruined. I do, however, have a sheet of rather nice F-4EJ (Pre 'Kai') decals. Can any of the Phantom experts out there tell be how much work would be involved in converting the F-4F to an F-4EJ, beyond taking it from a slatted to a hard wing?

Matt

Reply to
Killfile

From what I can determine from "McDonnell F-4 Phantom: Spirit in the Skies" (Jon Lake, Editor; Airtime Publishing/Westport, CT/1992; ISBN

1-874023-28-X), other than the hard wing, the differences in the airframes was pretty much all internal. (i.e. No provision for Sparrow missile carriage in the "F", etc.)

You might try to see if you can get someone who has the hard wings but wants to do a later "E" to do a trade for your slatted-wing parts.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

So ... anyone want to swap their unslatted wing sprue for a slatted one?

Matt

Reply to
Killfile

Matt,

in addition the the wing differences, I believe F-4EJs have the slotted stabilo while the F-4F has the unslotted ones.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

Good details article here on a 32 scale EJ conversion. Chek

Reply to
Chek

Unlike the tailplanes on the F, the EJ stabilators are slotted. The RWR blisters on the wing tips of the slatted F-4F have to be sanded off for a straight F-4EJ (they come back for the EJKai). You sure you can't do an F?

Frank

Reply to
ROTORFRANK

I'm really starting to consider it...

Matt

Reply to
Killfile

If you'd like, I'd be willing to sell or trade the decal sheet from my Testors E/F/G. It's got markings for a '70s-era splinter-scheme "F" of JBG-36. LMK if you're interested.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall