Model 281 Propeller Tip Colors

I'm completing the Hasegawa P-26A as the export Model 281 sold to the Nationalist Chinese in 1936. I've relied heavily on the Squadron Mini P-26 In Action for my reference.

The photographs and color descriptions are very comprehensive, but I've run into one problem. Pictures of this aircraft shows a three band color almost at the tip of each propellor blade. It's difficut to discern from old photographs whether one color is even lighter or darker than another, but of the three strips, the two outside strips appear to be the same dark color, and the inside stripe appears to be a light color.

Does anyone have an idea as the what these colors may be?

Thank you.

Alan

Reply to
Banshee741

I think that usualy were red, blue and yellow - like the others US planes of this period Best regards, Slider

Reply to
Slider

Yeah, red outside, yellow middle, blue inside. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

This is for the earlier light-grey overall scheme, right? I think the later green camouflage ones had the propeller in one color.

Reply to
Stephen Chu

The triple color prop stripes weren't used for long. I've got a color pic of a Dauntless with them; it's in the blue-grey & gull grey scheme without rudder stripes or red center dots to the insignia. That puts it late '41?

As to the P-26, it could go either way. I've seen polished and painted props. Unless you've got a pic of the particular plane you're doing, paint it whatever way you like. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Yes. the light-grey from the factory planes. The close-ups definately show the propeller with the three stripes.

Reply to
Banshee741