Enterprise 1701-D model colors

If I didn't want to kill myself mixing custom colors, and I wanted to avoid some of the more garish color combo's I've seen, what would y'all suggest for the Enterprise-D?

Thanks in advance, Casey

Reply to
Casey Tompkins

Dark/light ghost grey for the aztec pattern. The studio miniatures are blue, but the E doesn't appear bluish at all on film.

Reply to
Etienne Bonanno

Casey,

I used a base coat of duck egg blue. For the contrasting color I used duck egg blue with just enough forest green to change the color slightly.

You can see how it looks at

If I didn't want to kill myself mixing custom colors, and I wanted to

Reply to
Larry Z. Daily

Casey Tompkins wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I used Camo grey for the basecoat, then did the Aztec in light ghost grey. All the details (shuttle bay doors, for example) were light ghost grey. Phasers were SP Lark Dark Grey. Came out VERY nice. Next time, I'd use light sea grey for the aztecing.

Reply to
Zam Karmen

Trek ships change so much depending on the episode,whether its film,tape...your own eyes,that it's hard to decide.And are you painting to match the filming model or how it looks as if it were real? I painted mine with model master aircraft grey,and considered it a compromise.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m04.aol.com:

I registered mine as Odyssey, so I went with the thought the ship was built at a different time with slightly different materials and thus the difference in paint scheme. Since Odyssey only appeared once, then was promptly destroyed, one would be hard pressed to argue with me on the colors! :)

Actually I saw another guy's model of the Galaxy class and it looked great with camo grey base coat, so I followed suit. Also I hate that blue color, it's just wierd. I don't care much for the green either. To me, the grey scheme looks more military than the blue/green scheme of the original episodes. The -D changed color slightly in Generations.

As an aside, I use camo grey on most of my Federation starships from that era. The only exception was Voyager, I used Floquil Deckhouse blue as a base coat, then light and dark gull greys for the details and deflector grids.

Zammer

Reply to
Zam Karmen

I built one of those 3-ship sets...of the originals...and used RLM 65 light gray on the Enterprise....RLM 66 dark grey on the Romulan Warbird.....And Amtrack Blue on the Klingon D-7. They look outstanding. I don't know, though, if those colors would look as good on a larger size.

I gotta pic around here, somewhere...maybe I'll post it to a.b.p.m if i can find it.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Vernon

"Kevin Vernon" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com:

post a link if you do. Starship Modeler is a good place to show off your pics, too.

Reply to
Zam Karmen

Here you go, Zam... a link to pics of the 3-ship set, plus a few other cheesey sci-fi ships. And a Mercury Capsule. Pic posted on a.b.m.s as well.

As stated - Color used on Federation Ship was RLM 65 Light Grey. Romulan Warbird was RLM 66 Dark Grey. Klingon Battlecruiser was Floquil Amtrack Blue.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Vernon