Colors

When I right click in the feature tree area and Document Properties comes up, and I go to Colors, the Model/Feature colors window comes up and When I try to edit the different categories...shading, hidden,bend, boss, cavity, etc, all to a light metalic grey, the only color that comes up after I extrude a rectangle for example is a very dark charcoal grey, and not suitable for visibility at all. Please tell me where I am going astray with the configuration. My eyesite prefers that my models be a light grey, rather than darker colors.

Thank you, Uma

Reply to
uma

You can set a basic color for all the model before you start in your options. See the Tools Options menu.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Seems like You've added material in SW for the realview graphics, and then turned real graphics off. You normally get a darker color then. When You edit the material there is a checkbox for "Use material color". If this one is unchecked when adding material, You'll keep Your light gray color when turning real graphics off.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Be very careful about sending files to other people, as they maybe trying to steal your designs, or in some cases, trying to learn Solidworks!

PMSL :-P

Reply to
pete

Sorry....forgot to mention that part colors are changed by rmb in the feature manager.....and take appearance....for almost any level...face, feature, part, assembly. The basic solor is, as Paul said, set in options.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L