Instant 3d - Extrude to Cut extrude ?

Have just upgraded to SolidWorks 2008 SP4.0 from SolidWorks 2007 SP5.0 and have a question regarding instant 3d.

With instant 3d when I drag a boss in the opposite direction to which it was orginally extruded it becomes a cut extrude. Is there a way to keep it as an extrude rather than becoming a cut extrude?

I've read through the help and the only way I can find is to drop out of instant 3d and edit the feature and flip the direction of the extrude. I was hoping that all I had to do was hold down the shift or ctrl key and then drag the instant 3d handle to produce an extrude in the other direction, no such luck am I missing something?

John Layne

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to snipped-for-privacy@netfront.net --

Reply to
John Layne

No John

That's the way it works.....extrude in one direction and cut extrude in the other direction

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Thanks for the answer, not the answer I was hoping for!

I often draw the sketch on the face/plane that I need to extrude from to capture the design intent. Being able to easlily toggle whether it is an extrude or cut seems like an easy and obvious option for SolidWorks to include.