SolidWorks 2006 SP4 is now available

FYI,

SW 2006 SP4 is now available for download.

CG

Reply to
Cad Guy

Got it - running it.

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Has anybody been able to use wget to download SP files? That would certainly be a lot more efficient than the current method.

Reply to
TOP

"TOP" wrote in news:1144348986.545034.160790 @v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

What makes it more efficient? Can Wget do segmented downloading to get around the 300k/sec throttle?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I'm getting 157+115+ 119 = 391 with wget. I figured out how to do it.

Why? I am sitting at my laptop and my file server is Linux. So I login to the file server through a terminal and initiate a download directly so as not to swamp the network or my laptop. I'll be doing this at work eventually because the Linux box doesn't have a keyboard or screen.

Novell was nice enough to provide wgettable URLs for their ISOs so I could automate the process. I was hoping to do something similar to SW.

Reply to
TOP

Hmmm, on I see only 2006 SP4.0 EV.

I must be missing something or I'm on the 13th floor with Rod Serling.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Too All,

Just loaded It.

Interestingly, My "ship in a bottle" times are a full three seconds faster than with 2005 SP5.

Has anyone else tried this ???

Mark

Reply to
MM

Its on the download page. They haven't added it to the page before the download

"Its on the download page. They haven't added it to the page before the

download"

OMB: On my bandwagon: Again, SolidWorks is not doing clear technical report writing of instructions so the users know exactly what is going on.

Geesh!

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Just downloaded it and installed, when I said I'd wait till SP4.1 --- my mistake it's already showing an error with suppressed features in configs creating errors further up the tree, that werent there before, only happens if I control Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Layne

John Layne

Also at least one setting gets changed when installing SP4.0 - "Show thumbnail graphics in Windows Explorer" gets turned on if it was off as it always is on my system.

Stuff it - I'm rolling back to 3.4 and waiting for SP4.1

John Layne

"John Layne" mistake it's already showing an error with suppressed features in configs

Reply to
John Layne

The unfortunate thing about sp for solos or small companies is that applying one can impact badly on productivity if you run into problems...unfortunately also you really can't tell how things are until you try it with your work.Been there done that....sympathies...

Reply to
neil

I've been pushing it hard all day and it has worked very well. No complaints here.

PS - time to go home........

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

John,

One of the things about this kind of error is that 4.0 could be catching an error that an earlier SP made and didn't complain about. In other words the error was in the earlier SP and is now coming to light. Just a possibility.

Reply to
TOP
3 seconds out of how many?
Reply to
TOP

Yup just tested on a machine with SP3.4 the error is there as well.

I have just created a part called errordemo if someone would like to confirm the issue, please email me I'll send it. Unsurpress the last cut extrude, this will cause an error with previous feature in the tree the hole wizard cosmetic thread. If you then roll up the tree to before the cut extrude and roll down again the error resolves itself. Pressing CTRL Q will recreate the error.

John Layne

John Layne

I just downloaded the SP and am installing it now. We always have problems upgrading one engineer's SolidWorks installation. His computer never recognizes the SolidWorks disks. Wish me luck.

Reply to
mexiken

Paul,

My dual Opteron 248 was running at about 30 seconds with 2005. With 2006 SP4 it's 27seconds

Mark

Reply to
MM

I used to have this problem thanks to this group it's easily solved. After running the sw2006-3.4-4.0-i.exe cancel out of the install when it can't find the disks.Go to the directory where the SP unzipped eg ?:\sw2006-3.4-4.0-iand run the sw2006-3.4-4.0-i.msp instead of the .exe file and the problem was solved for me at least.

John Layne

John Layne

Which is a pretty good time. I think 2006 was in general a tad bit faster than 2005, but slower than 2004.

Reply to
TOP