Launch of SolidWorks 2006

Anybody go? What were your impressions? Comments?

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich

' an exponential increase in performance'

this quote will be an interesting topic here....

Reply to
neil

Gentlemen, start your benchmarks.

It takes at least three points to determine an exponential trend.

Reply to
TOP

Does that mean an exponential increase in crashes and bugs too? Let's cross our fingers and hope not.

Reply to
haulin79

gosh, how many times have we heard that before, immediately followed ,of course, by the realization that another 50% has just been added to regen times?

bill

Reply to
bill a

Just don't forget that your idea of performance may not be what they're measuring. It seems that Paul is on track to measure rebuild times when SP0 is released. I'll be that's not the performance they're talking about.

They're probably talking about the "performance" increase of being able to do much more in lightweight mode, and upgrading drawing views to high quality in a background process. Those items are noticeable improvements.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

LOL the new spell checker also supplies new meanings..."performance" = ah no that's not the performance we are talking about - we mean "performance" - totally different...

you would hope it all pans out or it could be construed as false and misleading advertising......'exponential' .....hmmm dunno...

Reply to
neil

Good joke ! :D

Best Regards, Jerry Jacobs

Reply to
Jerry Jacobs

So is it out yet? All I see on the download site is SW 2006 Beta 4.

(Sorry if double posted - Google groups seemed to indicate my first post went in the bit bucket!)

Reply to
Tom

The two pre-release releases usually take a few weeks. They haven't started those yet. So, it'll be a couple months maybe.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Noticable improvements with more problems. Draft views loading lightweight are a problem when printing. Specially when the draft views dont get resolved before they plot. If this is their way of improving performance, I'd hate to see their other ways

Reply to
Jo

It's beta 4. They still have at least the two pre-release cycles to fix that.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Benchmarking for SW.

TOP

Thanks, Paul!

Jerry Steiger

We've all seen their "other ways", and yes, we all hate to see them. ;-D

Reply to
Sporkman