3ds file

Sure,.. convert the 3DS file into a VRML (*.wrl) or *.STL

The import options are,.. 3D graphical or convert the closed mesh into a solid.

..

Reply to
zxys

hello everyone is it possible to import 3ds file in solidworks (converting in another format first?) ?

thanks

Reply to
<fc>

thanks and after that, can you work with the imported stl ?

fabrice c "zxys" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com... Sure,.. convert the 3DS file into a VRML (*.wrl) or *.STL

The import options are,.. 3D graphical or convert the closed mesh into a solid.

..

Reply to
<fc>

Unless you have SW Premium, you can not "work with" an imported STL.

If you are attempting to import a STL with over 50,000 faces, import it as a surface only. You will end up with a 50+meg file after hours of SW "not responding".

Recently, I had a PLY file that had 188,000 faces. I used MeshLab to "Cluster Decimate" it down to less than 100,000 and exported as STL. I ended up with an ugly 65meg SW file, but was able to use it as a refence in an assembly.

BTW, that was the first time I used MeshLab. I didn't investigate its editing tools.

Reply to
TEngle