Window of Solidworks Black Out On Dell M6300

I have a new Dell M6300 and am using Solidworks 2007. When SolidWorks is running and I am sketching, ocasionally the mouse will become
unresponsive and the window will black out. The other programs running are unaffected. In 5 to 10 seconds the mouse will start responding and the SolidWorks window will go back to normal. This problem is worst when SolidWorks is first started. After the first 15 minutes, the problem goes away. I am running XP Pro SP 2, the screen is 1440 x 900, and I have installed the latest driver for the Nvidia Quadro FX 1600M. Any suggestions?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 27, 9:34 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

This is a weird one, I've never heard about.
I would keep open a list of processes running at the start of booting the M6300, launch SolidWorks and keep track of the processes, in case something is launching or starting to run which does this.
Bo
Add pictures here
✖

Don't suppose the mouse is a Microsoft Intellimouse?
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
Add pictures here
✖

If it is an intellimouse - the problem should have been fixed in SP4.0 (I think) refer SPR 367596
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 27, 6:52 pm, "John Layne" <JohnMINUS-THE-

I am using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0. Are these mice a known problem?
Add pictures here
✖
I am using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 2.0. Are these mice a known problem?
Think it's a problem if you are using a SolidWorks SP less than 4.0 and Intellimouse driver 6.1 plus a Nvidia graphics card.
Problem has been fixed in SP4.0 according to the SolidWorks website
Refer SolidWorks SPR 367596
John Layne www.solidengineering.co.nz
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 28, 3:47 pm, "John Layne" <JohnMINUS-THE-

Mr. Layne:
Thank you. You have solved a problem for two of us.
We owe you one.
Del Eaton
Add pictures here
✖